T-Roc Delivery Timelines 2021

New to the Volkswagen T-Roc Forums? Introduce yourself here
Impala

Re: T-Roc Delivery Timelines 2021

Post by Impala » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:26 pm

twist wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:57 pm
No reason other than the neighbors might think it’s second-hand if it’s the previous reg. Kidding yourself if you think it affects resale value too! In all honesty it’s probably mostly OCD making you feel like it’s somehow newer.

Not sure I agree about resale/trade-in value. If it was a matter of waiting a few days or even a couple of weeks, I'd always delay to get the new reg as you don't pay any more for it, but don't write off your trade-in while waiting :lol:

A dealer will go by the book prices, which would favour a 71 over a 21 plate, unless you are an experienced hard-bargainer and even then it will depend on timing and circumstances, as a dealer will often try to mix new car discounts with trade-in px value.

If money is the sole objective, then you may get the best deals by finding a car in stock and buying at the end of Feb or August, or wait a month and buy a pre-reg delivery miles car.

Of course, everyone comes away thinking they've got the best deal on offer at the time :D
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line MY19 Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

twist

Post by twist » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:41 pm

Impala wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:26 pm
twist wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:57 pm
No reason other than the neighbors might think it’s second-hand if it’s the previous reg. Kidding yourself if you think it affects resale value too! In all honesty it’s probably mostly OCD making you feel like it’s somehow newer.

Not sure I agree about resale/trade-in value. If it was a matter of waiting a few days or even a couple of weeks, I'd always delay to get the new reg as you don't pay any more for it, but don't write off your trade-in while waiting :lol:

A dealer will go by the book prices, which would favour a 71 over a 21 plate, unless you are an experienced hard-bargainer and even then it will depend on timing and circumstances, as a dealer will often try to mix new car discounts with trade-in px value.

If money is the sole objective, then you may get the best deals by finding a car in stock and buying at the end of Feb or August, or wait a month and buy a pre-reg delivery miles car.

Of course, everyone comes away thinking they've got the best deal on offer at the time :D
Would be interesting to see what the actual monetary difference is between two identical trade-ins but one a 71 and the other 21. And like you say, a hard-bargainer may negate the difference anyway.
UK 1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

Beckyroo87

Post by Beckyroo87 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:19 pm

Hi guys ,

My build week 23 ! I have tracked my order online and it’s stage 4 of 7 I don’t know what that means ? I don’t like to keep bothering the dealer ship , could someone shed some light what I am expecting for delivery etc ? :roll:
52CFA42D-0614-4BAF-AADC-7F693B0208A4.png

Impala

Post by Impala » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:26 pm

Beckyroo87 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:19 pm
Hi guys ,

My build week 23 ! I have tracked my order online and it’s stage 4 of 7 I don’t know what that means ? I don’t like to keep bothering the dealer ship , could someone shed some light what I am expecting for delivery etc ?

This link shows the various stages in the VW order process ... https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners-and ... -order-faq

Athough they don't mention the actual stage numbers, the section headings are in the order 1-7 as follows;

Stage 1 - Processing your order: This is when VW check the order created by the dealer is valid before it is entered into the system
Stage 2 - With the factory: Order has been accepted and passed to the factory to be added to the production schedules. Provisional build week assigned based on spec etc.
Stage 3 - Build week confirmed: Spec is frozen and all parts are now scheduled into the assembly line with a confirmed build week approx 3 weeks away
Stage 4 - Build in progress: Build takes around 3 days, so first cars will come off the line around mid-week, and the rest spread over the second half of the week.
Stage 5 - In transit: There are actually 3 sub-stages, and most people only get notification of the first, Left the Factory. Cars then wait in a queue for a ship, and then shipment to UK.
Stage 6 - Arrived in the UK: Car has been unloaded and checked at port of entry and is awaiting transport to dealer
Stage 7 - Nearly there: Arrived at dealer and undergoing PDI checks and registration

As shown on your screenshot, your car is at stage 4 and build is in progress. This shouldn't take longer than 1 week,, then it will go to stage 5 when it leaves the factory and is transported to the holding area at the port of Setubal, where it will wait to be assigned to a ship.

It will usually take at least 2 and maybe up to 6 weeks from leaving the factory to you taking delivery.
Ordered 22/06/18

SwankyTroc

Post by SwankyTroc » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:27 pm

Beckyroo87 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:19 pm
Hi guys ,

My build week 23 ! I have tracked my order online and it’s stage 4 of 7 I don’t know what that means ? I don’t like to keep bothering the dealer ship , could someone shed some light what I am expecting for delivery etc ? :roll: 52CFA42D-0614-4BAF-AADC-7F693B0208A4.png
Hi,
Stage 4 refers to "Build in Progess" on assembly line and can take a few weeks due to the ongoing chip shortage (been told so by VW rep). Then it will move to Stage 5 which is "In Transit" to your dealer which can again take a few weeks and depending on shipping it can be slower or quicker to reach the dealer.

My Build week was Week 27 and I'm still sat on Stage 3 - Build week confirmed, even though it should have been on Stage 4 by now.

When did your order move to Stage 4 ? Just recently or has it been a few weeks ? That might help estimating when it might move to next stage. Mind you, website tracker is not one of the best to update the status on a regular basis and hence could be a delayed update there.

I've been told there are delays to the build process due to the ongoing chip shortage. Having said that a few folks on here are about to receive their cars in a few weeks.

If you want to find more details about your order but do not wish to contact the dealer, you can Chat to VW and provide them the order number and hopefully they'll be able to guide you further.

Hope this helps and you get to pick up yours soon. 🙂
T-Roc Active 1.5 Petrol DSG
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit
:) :)

Beckyroo87

Post by Beckyroo87 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:45 pm

Hi guys ,

I’ve only just tracked it last week and it’s been at stage 4 since then ! And people have said the tracking isn’t always reliable :/ I really don’t know ! I’m waiting to sell my current car aswell I have a buyer waiting !

SwankyTroc

Post by SwankyTroc » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:50 pm

Beckyroo87 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:45 pm
Hi guys ,

I’ve only just tracked it last week and it’s been at stage 4 since then ! And people have said the tracking isn’t always reliable :/ I really don’t know ! I’m waiting to sell my current car aswell I have a buyer waiting !
Yes website tracking status can be delayed at times. As I mentioned above, try and speak to VW customer service either via call or chat service, give them the order number and hopefully they might be able to give you a more accurate status update. Good Luck. 🙂
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit

Impala

Post by Impala » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:57 pm

Things may have changed (improved ???) since I bought my car. At that time, VW customer services simply told people to use the web or app order tracker.

I found my dealer helpful, but by that time I'd been waiting 10-11 months so that may explain their attitude. Anyway, using the access they have to the VW systems, my dealer was even able to tell me the name of the ship my car had been loaded on to, and I was able to follow the ship's progress and arrival/departure times at intermediate ports till it finally reached Port of Tyne.
Ordered 22/06/18

Beckyroo87

Post by Beckyroo87 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:59 pm

SwankyTroc wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:50 pm
Beckyroo87 wrote:
Hi guys ,

Yes website tracking status can be delayed at times. As I mentioned above, try and speak to VW customer service either via call or chat service, give them the order number and hopefully they might be able to give you a more accurate status update. Good Luck. 🙂
So can I just speak to them with my order number that I had on my paper work , the one in my screen shot ? Cos someone said I need a consignment number ?

Thanks for all your help guys ! Your al super helpful ! I’m just so excited as I can’t drive my manual car and have 3 kids and the summer holidays is going to be hard ! As I’m disabled ! So automatic is so important to me!!

SwankyTroc

Post by SwankyTroc » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:48 pm

Beckyroo87 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:59 pm
SwankyTroc wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:50 pm
Beckyroo87 wrote:
Hi guys ,

So can I just speak to them with my order number that I had on my paper work , the one in my screen shot ? Cos someone said I need a consignment number ?

Thanks for all your help guys ! Your al super helpful ! I’m just so excited as I can’t drive my manual car and have 3 kids and the summer holidays is going to be hard ! As I’m disabled ! So automatic is so important to me!!
Hi,
Yes thats the order number (same as screenshot) that I've used to check the latest update with VW. Give that a go and if its not much use, I'd suggest giving dealer a call and explaining them your situation as I believe (apologies if I'm wrong with this) dealer can at times get a status update from the factory as well, if needed.
Hope you get it sorted before the holidays.
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit