T-Roc Delivery Timelines 2021

New to the Volkswagen T-Roc Forums? Introduce yourself here
SwankyTroc
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:50 pm

T-Roc Delivery Timelines 2021

Post by SwankyTroc » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:59 pm

Hi All,

Apologies if there's already a separate topic about this.

Thought of starting a new topic to track the delivery timelines as well as updates for various stages of the order (prep, built, shipped, etc) for T-Roc's ordered in 2021, so as we can all track or predict our respective deliveries :idea:

I'll start with my order details below:

T-Roc Active 1.5 Petrol DSG
Panoramic Sunroof
Digital Cockpit
Reversing Camera
Heated Steering Wheel

Ordered: 31st May 2021
Build Week confirmed: 27
Current Stage: 3 (Build Week confirmed)
Estimated Delivery Date from Dealer: Between 31st August and 7th September

Will provide further updates as and when it moves through to the next stages.

Don't want to get my hopes high but does anyone know if August end is actually possible considering a lot of added features mentioned above ( such as sunroof etc), as they might add time to the build process ??

Hope to get more delivery timelines on this Topic :)
T-Roc Active 1.5 Petrol DSG
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit
:) :)

Impala
Posts: 2140
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 3:03 pm

Re: T-Roc Delivery Timelines 2021

Post by Impala » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:57 pm

My own order was inexplicably delayed and took 11 months for delivery. Around that time in 2018-19, many orders were taking quite a while due to changes in emissions testing and resulting lack of test capacity, but very few if any were as protracted as mine. However, once build weeks were confirmed, usually about 3 weeks before the confirmed build week, the actual build was pretty much in line and quite a few were actually built a week ahead of the confirmed week.

The long haul is waiting for a confirmed build week, and then sometimes delays between factory and dealerships due to many possible circumstances, some unpredictable such as dock strikes and weather, others predictable such public holidays. There was one case of a car getting 'lost' between the factory and the UK.

Week 27 is the week commencing 5th July and is less than 3 weeks away, so I think you have a very good chance of your car reaching the dealer by the middle of August. When the build week is confirmed it means that all the required parts are in the pipeline and scheduled to be issued to the production line, so the choice of options is then irrelevant.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line MY19 Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

Kerryp
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:29 pm

Re: T-Roc Delivery Timelines 2021

Post by Kerryp » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:10 am

Hi,I ordered mine sat 5th June,with a estimated delivery date 31st Aug.I have ordered a white 1.5 DSG Active with high beam assist and reverse Camera.Dealer said some are coming before delivery dates so here’s hoping.

EmH
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:43 am

Re: T-Roc Delivery Timelines 2021

Post by EmH » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:45 am

Hi,

I ordered my black edition on 15th May. It’s due to land in the Uk anytime and I should pick up in less than two weeks, cannot wait! 😊

SwankyTroc
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: T-Roc Delivery Timelines 2021

Post by SwankyTroc » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:47 pm

Impala wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:57 pm
My own order was inexplicably delayed and took 11 months for delivery. Around that time in 2018-19, many orders were taking quite a while due to changes in emissions testing and resulting lack of test capacity, but very few if any were as protracted as mine. However, once build weeks were confirmed, usually about 3 weeks before the confirmed build week, the actual build was pretty much in line and quite a few were actually built a week ahead of the confirmed week.

The long haul is waiting for a confirmed build week, and then sometimes delays between factory and dealerships due to many possible circumstances, some unpredictable such as dock strikes and weather, others predictable such public holidays. There was one case of a car getting 'lost' between the factory and the UK.

Week 27 is the week commencing 5th July and is less than 3 weeks away, so I think you have a very good chance of your car reaching the dealer by the middle of August. When the build week is confirmed it means that all the required parts are in the pipeline and scheduled to be issued to the production line, so the choice of options is then irrelevant.
Thanks for this update. This really helps understand the backend process of the build and shipping .

Dont want to get my hopes high but hey Come On August !! 🤣😂
T-Roc Active 1.5 Petrol DSG
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit
:) :)

SwankyTroc
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: T-Roc Delivery Timelines 2021

Post by SwankyTroc » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:48 pm

Kerryp wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:10 am
Hi,I ordered mine sat 5th June,with a estimated delivery date 31st Aug.I have ordered a white 1.5 DSG Active with high beam assist and reverse Camera.Dealer said some are coming before delivery dates so here’s hoping.
Thats a good news to hear that they are being delivered ahead of delivery times estimated.

Also, did you get a Build week confirmed ??
T-Roc Active 1.5 Petrol DSG
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit
:) :)

SwankyTroc
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: T-Roc Delivery Timelines 2021

Post by SwankyTroc » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:50 pm

EmH wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:45 am
Hi,

I ordered my black edition on 15th May. It’s due to land in the Uk anytime and I should pick up in less than two weeks, cannot wait! 😊
Hi,
Firstly Black Edition is a fab choice.

Thats a surprise you ordered on 15th May and getting it by June end.

Do you know when your confirmed build week was?
T-Roc Active 1.5 Petrol DSG
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit
:) :)

Kerryp
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:29 pm

Re: T-Roc Delivery Timelines 2021

Post by Kerryp » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:17 pm

SwankyTroc wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:48 pm
Kerryp wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:10 am
Hi,I ordered mine sat 5th June,with a estimated delivery date 31st Aug.I have ordered a white 1.5 DSG Active with high beam assist and reverse Camera.Dealer said some are coming before delivery dates so here’s hoping.
Thats a good news to hear that they are being delivered ahead of delivery times estimated.

Also, did you get a Build week confirmed ??
No not yet.said would email when they do or go on a tracker app 🤷🏻‍♀️

EmH
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:43 am

Re: T-Roc Delivery Timelines 2021

Post by EmH » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:18 pm

Dealership told me first week in June, had a text on the 5th June to say it had been built and left the factory. When I ordered the car I was told it would be the end of July for collection.
SwankyTroc wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:50 pm
EmH wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:45 am
Hi,

I ordered my black edition on 15th May. It’s due to land in the Uk anytime and I should pick up in less than two weeks, cannot wait! 😊
Hi,
Firstly Black Edition is a fab choice.

Thats a surprise you ordered on 15th May and getting it by June end.

Do you know when your confirmed build week was?

SwankyTroc
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:50 pm

Re: T-Roc Delivery Timelines 2021

Post by SwankyTroc » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:32 pm

EmH wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:18 pm
Dealership told me first week in June, had a text on the 5th June to say it had been built and left the factory. When I ordered the car I was told it would be the end of July for collection.
SwankyTroc wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:50 pm
EmH wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:45 am
Hi,

I ordered my black edition on 15th May. It’s due to land in the Uk anytime and I should pick up in less than two weeks, cannot wait! 😊
Hi,
Firstly Black Edition is a fab choice.

Thats a surprise you ordered on 15th May and getting it by June end.

Do you know when your confirmed build week was?
Great !! I bet you're looking forward to driving the Black Beauty 😀

It's interesting your build week was only 2 weeks after you placed the order. Did you add any additional specs (sunroof, reversing camera,, heated steering wheel, digital cockpit, etc) to the order or went with the standard spec on Black edition?
T-Roc Active 1.5 Petrol DSG
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit
:) :)

Post Reply