Post by Kerryp » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:37 am

Spoke to the dealer this morning just off the assembly line 😁

SwankyTroc

Re: T-Roc Delivery Timelines 2021

Post by SwankyTroc » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:47 am

Kerryp wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:37 am
Spoke to the dealer this morning just off the assembly line 😁

Fab. If everything is ok with shipping, I reckon you'd have it much before 1st Sept. 🙂

Did you manage to check status on the website order status page and see if its still in Build stage there or has it moved to In Transit ?
T-Roc Active 1.5 Petrol DSG
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit
:) :)

Kerryp

Post by Kerryp » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:08 pm

I can’t seem to log on to the tracker🤷🏻‍♀️. He said this morning should be 4 weeks till they have it which is approx just over 2 weeks till 1st sept so I’ll wait till new reg.

SwankyTroc

Post by SwankyTroc » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:23 pm

Kerryp wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:08 pm
I can’t seem to log on to the tracker🤷🏻‍♀️. He said this morning should be 4 weeks till they have it which is approx just over 2 weeks till 1st sept so I’ll wait till new reg.
Fair shout regarding 1st Sept but I reckon 4 weeks is the max time they might have committed in case of delays.

Regarding website logon, have you registered and added your order number for tracking? Then you should be able to login and check order status yourself.
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit

Kerryp

Post by Kerryp » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:05 pm

Finally logged in 🥳 so says Been built but told off assembly line today so I’ll check again tomorrow

6B74DDBC-5DC0-48FD-8722-5FF6DC9A62B3.jpeg

SwankyTroc

Post by SwankyTroc » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:32 pm

Kerryp wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:05 pm
Finally logged in 🥳 so says Been built but told off assembly line today so I’ll check again tomorrow
Great thanks for checking and providing the screenshot. Really helpful.

Yours is at Stage 4 Build in Progress which is good news. Mine still sat at Stage 3 Build Week confirmed, even though my build week was last week.

As long as I get it by Sept first week, I'm pleased. 🙂
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit

Kerryp

Post by Kerryp » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:57 pm

Isn’t that werid as my build week was this week but it nearly done 🤷🏻‍♀️

Impala

Post by Impala » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:17 pm

The online order tracker has been notoriously inaccurate in the past, with some owners driving their cars for weeks while the tracker still reports it in transit.

The mobile app is a bit better, but the notifications of status changes aren't stored (or weren't when I last used it) and because some of the details are only in the notification, they are not saved. After a car has left the factory, the most accurate and complete source of info is from the dealer - they can log in to the VW system and even see the name of the ship the car has been loaded on to, then you can use the ship movement tracking web sites to get dates/times of port departures and arrivals.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line MY19 Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

SwankyTroc

Post by SwankyTroc » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:10 pm

Impala wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:17 pm
The online order tracker has been notoriously inaccurate in the past, with some owners driving their cars for weeks while the tracker still reports it in transit.

The mobile app is a bit better, but the notifications of status changes aren't stored (or weren't when I last used it) and because some of the details are only in the notification, they are not saved. After a car has left the factory, the most accurate and complete source of info is from the dealer - they can log in to the VW system and even see the name of the ship the car has been loaded on to, then you can use the ship movement tracking web sites to get dates/times of port departures and arrivals.
Thanks a lot. Thats an interesting insight. Might be a daft question but what is the Mobile App called to track the order ?
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit

SwankyTroc

Post by SwankyTroc » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:19 pm

SwankyTroc wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:10 pm
Impala wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:17 pm

Thanks a lot. Thats an interesting insight. Might be a daft question but what is the Mobile App called to track the order ?

Just Googled and I believe the app used to be My VW. However the VW website states that it is no longer supported. Infact, its not available on Google Playstore anymore. I managed to download and install it anyhow but when opened gives the same "No Longer Supported" message and redirects you to the My VW UK website.

So it seems website is the only option to track it yourself or perhaps get in touch with the dealer.
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit