T-Roc Delivery Timelines 2021

New to the Volkswagen T-Roc Forums? Introduce yourself here
Impala

Re: T-Roc Delivery Timelines 2021

Post by Impala » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:15 pm

Yes I think it was My VW, but this is way back in 2018 and 2019. It was supposed to arrange service visits and do some other stuff but it mostly didn't work and people were conastantly removing and reinstalling the app, however it did have an order tracker which sent order progress updates as notifications and SMS text messages and that worked very well for most, apart for some days you would receive 10 or more 'updates' all saying your order had progressed to Stage 2 (with the factory ?) while it had already been at Stage 2 for weeks (or months in my case).

The VW apps and web services are constantly changing names and it is difficult to keep up, in fact there is so much overlap along with adding and removing features that I have no idea which apps do what, not to mention all the problems of reporting cars in the wrong location or reporting doors unlocked when they aren't etc.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line MY19 Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

SwankyTroc

Post by SwankyTroc » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:56 pm

Impala wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:15 pm
Yes I think it was My VW, but this is way back in 2018 and 2019. It was supposed to arrange service visits and do some other stuff but it mostly didn't work and people were conastantly removing and reinstalling the app, however it did have an order tracker which sent order progress updates as notifications and SMS text messages and that worked very well for most, apart for some days you would receive 10 or more 'updates' all saying your order had progressed to Stage 2 (with the factory ?) while it had already been at Stage 2 for weeks (or months in my case).

The VW apps and web services are constantly changing names and it is difficult to keep up, in fact there is so much overlap along with adding and removing features that I have no idea which apps do what, not to mention all the problems of reporting cars in the wrong location or reporting doors unlocked when they aren't etc.
It sounds the app was more of a pain than help. Not surprised why its not supported anymore. 🤨
T-Roc Active 1.5 Petrol DSG
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit
:) :)

Ste007

Post by Ste007 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:11 pm

I might be a bit late to this thread but I thought I would add my recent order progress:
T-Roc SEL 1.5 TSI
Indium grey metallic
Winter pack
Heated steering wheel

Ordered 17 June 2021
Build week 29 (week commencing 19 July I believe)
Delivery as shown on order form, 1 September 2021

The ‘my VW order tracker’ is currently showing stage 3, build week confirmed. The delivery date might be a bit optimistic but I don’t want delivery before 1 September anyway to guarantee a ‘71 plate. Will update as more info is available
T-roc SEL 1.0 TSi
December 2018
Ravenna Blue, Black Roof

SwankyTroc

Post by SwankyTroc » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:20 pm

Ste007 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:11 pm
I might be a bit late to this thread but I thought I would add my recent order progress:
T-Roc SEL 1.5 TSI
Indium grey metallic
Winter pack
Heated steering wheel

Ordered 17 June 2021
Build week 29 (week commencing 19 July I believe)
Delivery as shown on order form, 1 September 2021

The ‘my VW order tracker’ is currently showing stage 3, build week confirmed. The delivery date might be a bit optimistic but I don’t want delivery before 1 September anyway to guarantee a ‘71 plate. Will update as more info is available

Hi,

Welcome to the club 🙂

You're not at all late to the party. We're still awaiting our respective deliveries. Its a good trim and spec, you've ordered. We try and keep updating everyone on this post with any updates regarding our orders.

My Build week was Week 27 (starting 5th July) and VW order tracker still states Stage 3 Build week confirmed but after speaking to VW, its currently in the build process and can take upto 2 weeks to finish and thats when the order status will flip on the order tracker page.

Hope that helps 🙂
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit

Phototext

Post by Phototext » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:29 pm

I have had my build week confirmed as 36 which is 6th September. My dealer says I might get it at the end of that month which sounds very optimistic. What do you think?

SwankyTroc

Post by SwankyTroc » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:26 pm

Phototext wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:29 pm
I have had my build week confirmed as 36 which is 6th September. My dealer says I might get it at the end of that month which sounds very optimistic. What do you think?
It depends on a lot of factors such as what trim did you go for, did you go for standard spec or added a few optional items(such as sunroof, camera, heated seats, etc).

Also when did you actually place the order? We have been given 12 week turnaround time from the date of the order which is approx 3 months but a lot of the members are getting theirs delivered anytime between 2 and 3 months currently, depending on various factors.

Hope this helps.
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit

BillySmasher

Post by BillySmasher » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:16 pm

Hi.

My order has been at Stage 2 "With The Factory" for at least 2 weeks now (ordered at dealer one week before that, but they forgot to send me the order number!). How long does it typically take to move to Stage 3 and a estimated build week? Or is the MyVW website not the best means of tracking progress?

Having not ordered a "custom" built new car since 2001, I'd forgotten how frustrating the waiting-game is LOL

Thanks,

Martin.
ACTIVE 1.5 DSG
Ravenna Blue
Heated Everything!

SwankyTroc

Post by SwankyTroc » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:20 pm

BillySmasher wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:16 pm
Hi.

My order has been at Stage 2 "With The Factory" for at least 2 weeks now (ordered at dealer one week before that, but they forgot to send me the order number!). How long does it typically take to move to Stage 3 and a estimated build week? Or is the MyVW website not the best means of tracking progress?

Having not ordered a "custom" built new car since 2001, I'd forgotten how frustrating the waiting-game is LOL

Thanks,

Martin.
I think VW gives some buffer time to confirm the build week, so as if the client wants to add in any last minute optional items.

Also the VW order status website takes some to update and not to the point accurate at times. It took approx 2 weeks from the point of order to go to Stage 3 Build week confirmed but a few folks have had it before and some after.

Hope this helps.
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit

BillySmasher

Post by BillySmasher » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:45 pm

Thanks Swanky - kind of what I expected to hear :D

Perhaps I should have gone back for the Digital Cockpit and Blue/Black paint option :lol:
ACTIVE 1.5 DSG
Ravenna Blue
Heated Everything!

SwankyTroc

Post by SwankyTroc » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:05 pm

BillySmasher wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:45 pm
Thanks Swanky - kind of what I expected to hear :D

Perhaps I should have gone back for the Digital Cockpit and Blue/Black paint option :lol:
No worries. 🙂

Also do give dealer a call if you want to add any last minute optionals. I did(just in time). Some optionals can dekay the dekivery though. Still worth giving them a call.
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit