Effect of semiconductor shortage

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Seal

Effect of semiconductor shortage

Post by Seal » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:06 pm

Considering the world scenario of semiconductor shortage also the T-Roc factory will be closed from June 18th to June 30th for now...
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps
Yellow Turmeric, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
LED Headlights/Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
19'' wheels "Suzuka"

SwankyTroc

Re: Effect of semiconductor shortage

Post by SwankyTroc » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:32 pm

Seal wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:06 pm
Considering the world scenario of semiconductor shortage also the T-Roc factory will be closed from June 18th to June 30th for now...

Oh no. That would mean delays and backlogs πŸ˜”

Is there an official source for this news and are there more details which factories are affected and when would the operations be restored?
T-Roc Active 1.5 Petrol DSG
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit
:) :)

twist

Post by twist » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:46 pm

SwankyTroc wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:32 pm

Is there an official source for this news and are there more details which factories are affected and when would the operations be restored?
Seal is our resident VW insider. He’s not wrong about much so I’d take it as fact.
UK 1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

Impala

Post by Impala » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:05 pm

Well if it is a global shortage then just about every product containing semiconductors should be affected, so maybe the question we should be asking is how does the impact on VW/VAG compare to other manufacturers, automotive and all the rest. Who has sufficient forward planning and partnerships to maintain their supply chains better than their competitiors ?

The relative impact compared to others is what matters most and customers will seek out those less affected.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line MY19 Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

Seal

Post by Seal » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:26 pm

Mercedes, Volkswagen in Germany have many problems in production, VW in some factories in Germany does not work on Fridays and are already considering the reduction of daily working time, Seat will also stop production, all brands are in trouble ,especially the biggest ones, a case apart seems to be Toyota
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
19'' wheels "Suzuka"

Seal

Post by Seal » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:37 pm

We are in week 25 and your car will be made in week 27 from what I saw in your information, the T-Roc factory is the factory that can best recover production in the VW group so it's not worth stressing, the problem will be if the stoppage will last longer, considering that the factory will be closed for holidays in the month of August
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
19'' wheels "Suzuka"

SwankyTroc

Post by SwankyTroc » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:54 am

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:37 pm

We are in week 25 and your car will be made in week 27 from what I saw in your information, the T-Roc factory is the factory that can best recover production in the VW group so it's not worth stressing, the problem will be if the stoppage will last longer, considering that the factory will be closed for holidays in the month of August
Thanks for the insight. That really helps understand behind the scene situation and is reassuring.

Hope mine gets built in the week 27. I guess I'm just being impatient. Cannot wait to get my hands on this beauty.
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit

Seal

Post by Seal » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:22 pm

It is confirmed by vw that the T-Roc factory will return to production on the 30th of June!
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
19'' wheels "Suzuka"

SwankyTroc

Post by SwankyTroc » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:01 am

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:37 pm

My build week was Week 27 (w/c 5th July) and we've just finished Week 28 today and yet no update on my car and I called my dealer today to be told that my order has been delayed and is in backlog due to the semiconductor shortage. So it does seem that we'll be impacted by this.

Any chance, do we know if this delay would be worth a few weeks or months? :(
Panoramic Sunroof
Reversing Camera
Digital Cockpit

Seal

Post by Seal » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:28 pm

SwankyTroc,i hope not, but possibly you will only have your car in the best of chances in September or even in October let's hope not, right now there are 3 components missing in many factories and also the T-Roc lacks these parts, climatronic, door modules, radars, among others, don't forget that in August many factories were closed for holidays, the T-Roc also and only then in September will start to recover the cars with lack of parts,i wish you luck
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
19'' wheels "Suzuka"