Post by Impala » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:55 pm

Grimer wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:33 am
twist wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:35 am
Grimer wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:01 pm
Hello everyone,
I have 2021 models T roc which one made on May. I have a question about lane guidance. I have lane assist but I didn’t have lane guidance. I coded it but I just see on media screen. When I activated it not working stable. Like a drunk going left lane and right lane. What can I do for that ? In 2021 don’t have traffic jam too. I coded it but it’s working well.
It sounds like you’ve not enabled the “adaptive lane guidance” setting for Lane Assist in the infotainment system settings. That causes it to try and position the car to either left, center or right depending on how you normally drive - rather than bouncing between the lane edges. By default I think this option is off (at least it was on my T-Roc).
When I bought my car i didn't have adaptive lane guiadance on settings. It was coding 2 days ago. But it's not working like 2020's Troc. I have lane assist, adaptive cruise control, blind spot warning. But i don't understand why we don't have adaptive lane guidance.

Have you checked to see if your car has a forward facing camera. Switching things on in coding will not work if the necessary hardware is not on the car, and lane assist needs a camera just like adaptive cruise control needs a radar unit.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line MY19 Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

Deleted user 925

Re: Lane assist.

Post by Deleted user 925 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:06 pm

Impala wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:55 pm

Have you checked to see if your car has a forward facing camera.
His first post stated lane assist came as standard, so must have a camera 👌👍
September 2018 1.5 tsi R-line manual,
revena blue,
black roof,
towbar.

Grimer

Post by Grimer » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:30 pm

Impala wrote:
Grimer wrote:
twist wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:35 am

It sounds like you’ve not enabled the “adaptive lane guidance” setting for Lane Assist in the infotainment system settings. That causes it to try and position the car to either left, center or right depending on how you normally drive - rather than bouncing between the lane edges. By default I think this option is off (at least it was on my T-Roc).
When I bought my car i didn't have adaptive lane guiadance on settings. It was coding 2 days ago. But it's not working like 2020's Troc. I have lane assist, adaptive cruise control, blind spot warning. But i don't understand why we don't have adaptive lane guidance.

Have you checked to see if your car has a forward facing camera. Switching things on in coding will not work if the necessary hardware is not on the car, and lane assist needs a camera just like adaptive cruise control needs a radar unit.
Hello, I have camera. I have lane assist it needs to have camera. I think I have camera which one is ‘S’ version. The 2020 models have ‘M’ version. Maybe Camera don’t have capacity for that.

Impala

Post by Impala » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:45 pm

Grimer wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:30 pm
Impala wrote:
Grimer wrote:

Hello, I have camera. I have lane assist it needs to have camera. I think I have camera which one is ‘S’ version. The 2020 models have ‘M’ version. Maybe Camera don’t have capacity for that.

OK

I don't use my lane assist so I will let Twist or someone else who makes extensive use of lane assist continue the discussion.

However, I think this boils down to why if your car came with 'Lane Assist' was there no option in the normal driver settings to enable/disable the active/adaptive capability without resorting to coding. I note from the Owner's Manual that the 'Adaptive Lane Guidance' is country dependent. Are you in the UK with a UK spec car ?

Lane Assist.png

1.5 TSI DSG R-Line MY19 Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

Grimer

Post by Grimer » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:51 pm

Impala wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:45 pm
Grimer wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:30 pm
Impala wrote:

OK

I don't use my lane assist so I will let Twist or someone else who makes extensive use of lane assist continue the discussion.

However, I think this boils down to why if your car came with 'Lane Assist' was there no option in the normal driver settings to enable/disable the active/adaptive capability without resorting to coding. I note from the Owner's Manual that the 'Adaptive Lane Guidance' is country dependent. Are you in the UK with a UK spec car ?

Lane Assist.png
Thank you for reply. I live in Turkey. The car coming with this option 2019 and 2020 but now we don't have any options for that. I am searching how can I activated this option. Because something wrong with coding.

twist

Post by twist » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:12 pm

Impala wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:45 pm

OK

Lane Assist.png
Yep, think you’re likely right about this being a regional thing.

Given that it’s camera based, there could be many varying factors that would make it unreliable in other countries and not worth modifying the software for. Width of the lane, thickness/color/material/reflectivity of paint used for markings, surface of the road, etc. Unless there’s some EU regulation on all that as well…
UK 1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20