Lane assist.

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Postiegezzer

Lane assist.

Post by Postiegezzer » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:35 am

Morning.
Is it possible to turn off lane assist permanently as it annoys me no end.
And how do I permanently turn off the compass heading display in the digital dash?
Apart from those two niggles am loving the car.

Hawkeye

Re: Lane assist.

Post by Hawkeye » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:18 pm

Yes you can it's in the main car settings in the centre dash console, or you can do it by toggling the menu on the RH side of the steering wheel (assuming you have the TFT dash you select Car using the RH joystick on the Steering wheel then once selected you can select which items you have on or off).

Personally I find Lane Assist brilliant, but everyone to their own.
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

Deleted user 925

Post by Deleted user 925 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:58 pm

Yes lane assist is on by default on current cars unlike the older models where your previous setting remained the same.
You would have to code it to operate like the older models.

As already said, the compass can be exchanged for something else via the steering wheel buttons on the right.
September 2018 1.5 tsi R-line manual,
revena blue,
black roof,
towbar.

Impala

Post by Impala » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:01 pm

Postiegezzer wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:35 am
And how do I permanently turn off the compass heading display in the digital dash?
Use the RH group of controls on the multi-function steering wheel.

Press the Left(<) or Right (>) butons to cycle through the various views displayed in the cetre section of the digital dash. Then either press OK when you reach the one you want, or just wait a few seconds and it will be selected automatically.

If you select Driving Data, you can then use the Up and Down buttons to cycle through the options such as speed, range, mpg etc.

Just 'play' with the menus (Left/Right and Up/Down) to get a feel for what is available. Whatever you select will be remembered when you next start the car, but it is possible to have individual customisations to be associated with each key (up to a max of 4 ?) and the settings are restored according to which key is used to lock/unkock the car, so different drivers using their 'personal' key can have their own preferences (applies to radio stations and digital dash dials as well).
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line MY19 Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

Postiegezzer

Post by Postiegezzer » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:30 am

Morning all and thanks for your reply’s.
The compass bearing that I wish to disable is not the one between the clocks, it’s a small
graphic top left above left dial next to the speed limit sign.
Car is a 2021 build so might be different to others.
Thanks.

James1950

Post by James1950 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:34 am

Lane assist is a very useful safety feature, particularly on motorways. Lane changers who don’t indicate have to work harder !
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps
Yellow Turmeric, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
LED Headlights/Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate

john boy

Post by john boy » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:16 am

I must say it's a bit odd that you want to switch off your lane assist ! Something that could potentially save your life and others , Strange !

MOSCOWBASS

Post by MOSCOWBASS » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:50 am

My wife gets a T ROC 1.5 dsg Active this week. I have lane assist on my Audi Q3 and I detest it. I switch it off along with stop/start. I hate my steering being interfered with, gives the same sensation as a flat tyre.
My main complaint is that BIG BROTHER has decided these features (for those of us who don't like them) are reactivated every time the car is started. For those that like the features that's great.

john boy

Post by john boy » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:32 am

I would say the T ROC lane assist must be very gentle then, It causes very minor irritation and certainly doesn't feel like a flat tyre , The pros certainly out way the cons !

twist

Post by twist » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:53 am

john boy wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:32 am
I would say the T ROC lane assist must be very gentle then, It causes very minor irritation and certainly doesn't feel like a flat tyre , The pros certainly out way the cons !
Agreed. If you have a heart attack at the wheel, the car will steer for you and stop safely rather than potentially swerving into another lane.

I never switch mine off except in roadworks (contra flow usually the worst due to crossing lane markings) as it gets confused and can be dangerous.
UK 1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20