Lane assist.

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Impala

Re: Lane assist.

Post by Impala » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:32 pm

john boy wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:58 am
Yes maybe if your'e on a long stretch of straight motorway and not moving the wheal much it might think your'e not in control , I'll find out next week first time with T Roc on motorway !

If we don't hear from you again, we will know it didn't work :lol: :lol: :lol:
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line MY19 Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

Grimer

Post by Grimer » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:01 pm

Hello everyone,
I have 2021 models T roc which one made on May. I have a question about lane guidance. I have lane assist but I didn’t have lane guidance. I coded it but I just see on media screen. When I activated it not working stable. Like a drunk going left lane and right lane. What can I do for that ? In 2021 don’t have traffic jam too. I coded it but it’s working well.

Deleted user 925

Post by Deleted user 925 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:29 pm

Grimer, I don't know what the problem could be?
The only thing you can do is to check all the coding changes you made to make sure you didn't miss anything & done everything correctly 🤷‍♂️

What is traffic jam assist? Is that just part of the satnav?
September 2018 1.5 tsi R-line manual,
revena blue,
black roof,
towbar.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:06 pm

Deleted user 925 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:29 pm
The only thing you can do is to check all the coding changes you made to make sure you didn't miss anything & done everything correctly 🤷‍♂️

No it isn't. Traffic Jam Assist is a function for slow moving traffic, which essentially combines Lane Assist and Cruiseto work together from zero mph when you are in a Traffic Jam to move the car forward. Very useful.
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

twist

Post by twist » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:35 am

Grimer wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:01 pm
Hello everyone,
I have 2021 models T roc which one made on May. I have a question about lane guidance. I have lane assist but I didn’t have lane guidance. I coded it but I just see on media screen. When I activated it not working stable. Like a drunk going left lane and right lane. What can I do for that ? In 2021 don’t have traffic jam too. I coded it but it’s working well.
It sounds like you’ve not enabled the “adaptive lane guidance” setting for Lane Assist in the infotainment system settings. That causes it to try and position the car to either left, center or right depending on how you normally drive - rather than bouncing between the lane edges. By default I think this option is off (at least it was on my T-Roc).
UK 1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

john boy

Post by john boy » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:22 pm

I have only had my T ROC for two months and I haven't found anything yet that I can fault and to hear people say they want to switch off the lane assist I really thinking WHAT ! They'll be turning off their abs and air bags cutting off their seat belts soon , These things are here to protect us , the engineers at vw must be thinking why bother !

ere.wego

Re: Lane assist and ACC

Post by ere.wego » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:54 pm

Hi, picked up a new Design 1.5 DSG a couple of weeks ago.
Great car but instant problem with ACC. It was showing 'undertaking' on nearside and slowing car down when overtaking after pulling out to lane 2 on motorway.
I suggested to dealer it was set for a left hand drive car. They pretty much implied I was wrong and not using the systems correctly.
Got the car back they said they couldn't find a fault. Anyway they must have updated the software or something because it works correctly now. Go figure.
I have used ACC and Lane Assist for many years in HGV's and my preference is, switch off lane assist, set preferred distance to vehicle in front on ACC and it works well.
I can put up with audible warnings for lane assist but not interfering with steering. It's a nonsense.
It is now a very pleasant car to drive.

Deleted user 925

Post by Deleted user 925 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:54 am

Hawkeye wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:06 pm

No it isn't. Traffic Jam Assist............
I know of that technology but didn't realise it was traffic jam assist 🙃
It's a DSG gearbox tech only then, I'd have loved that 🤷‍♂️
September 2018 1.5 tsi R-line manual,
revena blue,
black roof,
towbar.

Grimer

Post by Grimer » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:30 am

Deleted user 925 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:29 pm

I can see lane guidance on screen. Coding is ok. But it's not working well. In 2021 Volkswagen not using Travel assist with Troc. Maybe that's why.

Grimer

Post by Grimer » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:33 am

twist wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:35 am
Grimer wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:01 pm
Hello everyone,
It sounds like you’ve not enabled the “adaptive lane guidance” setting for Lane Assist in the infotainment system settings. That causes it to try and position the car to either left, center or right depending on how you normally drive - rather than bouncing between the lane edges. By default I think this option is off (at least it was on my T-Roc).
When I bought my car i didn't have adaptive lane guiadance on settings. It was coding 2 days ago. But it's not working like 2020's Troc. I have lane assist, adaptive cruise control, blind spot warning. But i don't understand why we don't have adaptive lane guidance.