Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

Lane assist.

29K views 45 replies 14 participants last post by  twist 
#1 ·
Morning.
Is it possible to turn off lane assist permanently as it annoys me no end.
And how do I permanently turn off the compass heading display in the digital dash?
Apart from those two niggles am loving the car.

#28 ·
I was a bit undecided about the usefulness of lane assist, but having just come back from holiday, which needed many hours of motorway driving, I'm now converted. I think it's really good. It's just there as a safety net, and it also makes you indicate whenever you change lane. I found it correcting me a few times. It has never done it incorrectly.
Not sure on the "rules" when it switches itself off. It only seems to work above a certain speed, and it also becomes inactive when you get the "car in front" proximity warning.

#31 ·
john boy said:
Yes maybe if your'e on a long stretch of straight motorway and not moving the wheal much it might think your'e not in control , I'll find out next week first time with T Roc on motorway !
If we don't hear from you again, we will know it didn't work :lol: :lol: :lol:

#32 ·
Hello everyone,
I have 2021 models T roc which one made on May. I have a question about lane guidance. I have lane assist but I didn't have lane guidance. I coded it but I just see on media screen. When I activated it not working stable. Like a drunk going left lane and right lane. What can I do for that ? In 2021 don't have traffic jam too. I coded it but it's working well.

#33 ·
Grimer, I don't know what the problem could be?
The only thing you can do is to check all the coding changes you made to make sure you didn't miss anything & done everything correctly &#x1f937-2642;

What is traffic jam assist? Is that just part of the satnav?

#34 ·
Deleted user 925 said:
The only thing you can do is to check all the coding changes you made to make sure you didn't miss anything & done everything correctly &#x1f937-2642;

No it isn't. Traffic Jam Assist is a function for slow moving traffic, which essentially combines Lane Assist and Cruiseto work together from zero mph when you are in a Traffic Jam to move the car forward. Very useful.

#35 ·
Grimer said:
Hello everyone,
I have 2021 models T roc which one made on May. I have a question about lane guidance. I have lane assist but I didn't have lane guidance. I coded it but I just see on media screen. When I activated it not working stable. Like a drunk going left lane and right lane. What can I do for that ? In 2021 don't have traffic jam too. I coded it but it's working well.
It sounds like you've not enabled the "adaptive lane guidance" setting for Lane Assist in the infotainment system settings. That causes it to try and position the car to either left, center or right depending on how you normally drive - rather than bouncing between the lane edges. By default I think this option is off (at least it was on my T-Roc).

#36 ·
I have only had my T ROC for two months and I haven't found anything yet that I can fault and to hear people say they want to switch off the lane assist I really thinking WHAT ! They'll be turning off their abs and air bags cutting off their seat belts soon , These things are here to protect us , the engineers at vw must be thinking why bother !

#37 ·
Hi, picked up a new Design 1.5 DSG a couple of weeks ago.
Great car but instant problem with ACC. It was showing 'undertaking' on nearside and slowing car down when overtaking after pulling out to lane 2 on motorway.
I suggested to dealer it was set for a left hand drive car. They pretty much implied I was wrong and not using the systems correctly.
Got the car back they said they couldn't find a fault. Anyway they must have updated the software or something because it works correctly now. Go figure.
I have used ACC and Lane Assist for many years in HGV's and my preference is, switch off lane assist, set preferred distance to vehicle in front on ACC and it works well.
I can put up with audible warnings for lane assist but not interfering with steering. It's a nonsense.
It is now a very pleasant car to drive.

#39 ·
Deleted user 925 said:

I can see lane guidance on screen. Coding is ok. But it's not working well. In 2021 Volkswagen not using Travel assist with Troc. Maybe that's why.

#40 ·
twist said:
Grimer said:
Hello everyone,
It sounds like you've not enabled the "adaptive lane guidance" setting for Lane Assist in the infotainment system settings. That causes it to try and position the car to either left, center or right depending on how you normally drive - rather than bouncing between the lane edges. By default I think this option is off (at least it was on my T-Roc).
When I bought my car i didn't have adaptive lane guiadance on settings. It was coding 2 days ago. But it's not working like 2020's Troc. I have lane assist, adaptive cruise control, blind spot warning. But i don't understand why we don't have adaptive lane guidance.

#41 ·
Grimer said:
twist said:
Grimer said:
Hello everyone,
When I bought my car i didn't have adaptive lane guiadance on settings. It was coding 2 days ago. But it's not working like 2020's Troc. I have lane assist, adaptive cruise control, blind spot warning. But i don't understand why we don't have adaptive lane guidance.
Have you checked to see if your car has a forward facing camera. Switching things on in coding will not work if the necessary hardware is not on the car, and lane assist needs a camera just like adaptive cruise control needs a radar unit.

#43 ·
Impala said:
Grimer said:
twist said:
Have you checked to see if your car has a forward facing camera. Switching things on in coding will not work if the necessary hardware is not on the car, and lane assist needs a camera just like adaptive cruise control needs a radar unit.
Hello, I have camera. I have lane assist it needs to have camera. I think I have camera which one is 'S' version. The 2020 models have 'M' version. Maybe Camera don't have capacity for that.

#44 ·
Grimer said:
Impala said:
Grimer said:
Hello, I have camera. I have lane assist it needs to have camera. I think I have camera which one is 'S' version. The 2020 models have 'M' version. Maybe Camera don't have capacity for that.
OK

I don't use my lane assist so I will let Twist or someone else who makes extensive use of lane assist continue the discussion.

However, I think this boils down to why if your car came with 'Lane Assist' was there no option in the normal driver settings to enable/disable the active/adaptive capability without resorting to coding. I note from the Owner's Manual that the 'Adaptive Lane Guidance' is country dependent. Are you in the UK with a UK spec car ?

Mammal Font Rectangle Sky Art

Attachments

#45 ·
Impala said:
Grimer said:
Impala said:
OK

I don't use my lane assist so I will let Twist or someone else who makes extensive use of lane assist continue the discussion.

However, I think this boils down to why if your car came with 'Lane Assist' was there no option in the normal driver settings to enable/disable the active/adaptive capability without resorting to coding. I note from the Owner's Manual that the 'Adaptive Lane Guidance' is country dependent. Are you in the UK with a UK spec car ?

Lane Assist.png
Thank you for reply. I live in Turkey. The car coming with this option 2019 and 2020 but now we don't have any options for that. I am searching how can I activated this option. Because something wrong with coding.

#46 ·
Impala said:
OK

Lane Assist.png
Yep, think you're likely right about this being a regional thing.

Given that it's camera based, there could be many varying factors that would make it unreliable in other countries and not worth modifying the software for. Width of the lane, thickness/color/material/reflectivity of paint used for markings, surface of the road, etc. Unless there's some EU regulation on all that as well…

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.